Cerca nel blog

giovedì 4 ottobre 2012

The National Wedding Show - London 2012

I'm back from my fabulous weekend at the National Wedding Show in London, the largest Expo of weddings in England, where there were more than 250 exhibitors. Unfortunately to shoot pictures was not allowed inside. However I found photos on the website, taken by the official event's photographer, so that I can show you what I saw and the new ideas and trends for the 2013!
 

It was a great experience being immediately overwhelmed by all those stands, full of shiny stuff, awesome cakes, all kinds of flowers and colors, wedding dresses, etc... to the point that I went in panic and did not know even from where to start! So we went to the bar for having a coffee and something to eat, so that I could take a moment of breath!
With our VIP ticket we had the VIP Pass with many privileges: we had exclusive access to the VIP Lounge where you can eat and drink free champagne, we had reservation to watch the catwalk, we received an exclusive Goody Bag full of gadgets and snacks and a gift box containing free samples of makeup, shower gel, nail polish and perfume.

My VIP Pass 

Gift box with free samples

The VIP Lounge
 
Champagne?

Forever Wedding Planner was there!

Me at the National Wedding Show - London 2012
 


As soon as I saw that the catwalk was about to begin, I immediately rushed to watch the first show: I was too impatient to see it! So I took a sit in the front row reserved for us and I really enjoyed the show!


The catwalk

The new collection 2013

 
In addition to wedding dresses there were also bridesmaids and for all occasions dresses!



 After the show, we started the tour of the various stands. I was very curious about all the news that London has to offer for the 2013 weddings. There were some beautiful cakes which I had not been able to photograph, but I've found some pictures on the event's website. It was also possible to taste them! Obviously I did it :)



An innovation I really liked was the candy camper: instead of the traditional sugared almonds buffet or candy buffet, this is even a truck full of sweets for your guests! 

The candy camper
 


The shining stand I saw when I entered was obviously that of jewels!

Accessories for brides

 

Shoes for brides
 


Walking through the stands I noticed there were so many italian, greek and foreigner wedding planners, who proposed weddings in Italy, in Greece and abroad, such as the Caribbean and exotic islands. Regarding to the weddings in Italy, the North, in particular Venice and Puglia were the most popular.
I had the opportunity to meet many people and to make contacts with suppliers throughout the UK, who were really helpful and delighted to meet me.

One of the stands

 Bridesmaids and pageboys dresses
 
Dress for groom
 


 The vintage area was very peculiar and full of original things.


Vintage style items
 


I got lost among all these cute things! It was also possible to buy some items. Unfortunately we could not photograph the flowers area: I assure it was wonderful!

Centerpiece

Cones for rice

Petals

Some flowers of the flowers zone
 

And here the sponsors of this great show I had the honor to see and that certainly gave me great opportunities, as well as gave me a weekend of new emotions.
 


Stay tuned!

1 commento: